Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The ol' style...

Remember the era when there's no email, no Instant Messenger (MSN, YM, Google Talk, ICQ, MiRC), no Short Messaging Service (SMS)? How do you communicate with your friends (other than normal land-line phone calls, not mobile phone!)? We communicate via the good ol' way: write a snail mail, place it in an envelope and seal it. Lastly you splatter the back of the stamp with your saliva (ewww...) and you stick it to the top right hand side of the envelope. :)

Ask yourself: when is the last time you got yourselves some hand-written snail mail (not credit card statements duhhh...) from friends? Mine was during the 'pen-pal' period, where I get to know from Galaxie magazine (she's from Malacca) and I wrote looonnggg snail mails to her. I can still remember that I would draw, color and write colorfully to make my letter looked more interesting and would not bore my pen-pal. Haha!!! :D Sigh, sweet memories...

What surprised me was that few months/weeks ago I received postcards from Dragon and Clara where they posted to me from their trips! Very sweet of them indeed, to remember me although they were on holiday... Aww~ :) I would forget everything, even my surname, if I were on holiday!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Two postcards were from Dragon who were in Langkawi.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And one from Clara who went to Chicago and bought lotsa Coach which caused deep jealousy inside of me... =_____= She encouraged me to backpack as well, and if I do, I need to plan right now! Thanks Clara for the postcard and the encouragement to start backpacking! :)

I'll be going to Langkawi again this August, and maybe I would send out some postcards, like what Dragon did?

8 *twinkles*:

Dragon said...

i still owe u the gifts. OMG!!! such a long time already and i not yet send to you. maybe give to you when we meet? hmmmmm, good idea also. hahaha.

CathJ said...

Woww.... bag packing huh??? all the best...

as for me.. still prefer the diva way.. lol..lol..

iamlz said...

Yea backpacking is really fun! :D You should really try that! (hmm maybe not now, H1N1 very happening)

Sometimes me and my friends still choose to write letter to each other and slowly waiting for reply. The happiness of opening a letter just cant be described by words!

SongKeat said...

I also once receive a post card from my best fren where he was having exchange student program to the Mississippi university.

Is nice to receive the postcard in traditional way... I dont like ecard...

Tim-Kimokeo Voon said...

the only thing i mailed to anyone is You my friend ahahah...

my first registered mail to a friend "over the Sea"

ßrigida ∫chmidt © Copyright said...

Oh geez, I have yet to send you a postcard from Hawaii. Okok, next time. May I get your address please? BTW, how did you do your blog lay-out? You keep changing it and everytime you change it, its always good. Reply me on my blogspot. Thanks Mei-wah!

GeOk kEE好きな♡ うち said...

hey..I'm going to Langkawi too this August!!! My trip with my friends is on 9-11Aug09...

laydeylike said...

i freaking miss that picture in the postcard! LADYLIKE WAS THERE IN MAY-JUNE 2009!!! :))))))

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs