Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Travel Guide (Kota Kinabalu) - Day 6

This is the last day of my convocation trip. Good things must come to an end. I am glad that I get to meet up with my ol' uni friends again. I guess it's hard for us to meet again as some of us are so far far away.

On the last day, we went to Pasar Ikan Masin for some souvenirs for relatives, friends and colleagues. From the name itself, you know that I am getting ikan masin lar! Other than ikan masin, there are also scallops, dried sea cucumber, shark fins, dried sea horses, famous Tawau belacan, sotongs, etc etc...Nicely packed goods in plastic bags. Must bargain for lower price!
Dried shark fins. (Poor sharks, killed for their fins.)
Pasar Ikan Masin, Kota Kinabalu, situated next to the Philippine Market and Pasar Besar Kota Kinabalu, opposite Le Meridien Hotel.
Satisfied mum and dad...
Then, we stopped by at another market, but this special market sells coconut (lots of it) and other kind of fruits. Mainly coconuts. (*slurp*... we quench our thirst with yummy coconut)RM2.00 for normal young coconut, RM2.50 for cold young coconut and RM3.50 for screwpine young coconut.
For lunch, we went to Lintas Plaza for the famous "sang yuk kon lou mee".
My "sang yuk kon lou mee". My verdict: VERY DELICIOUS!The mee and the sui kau (below).They make the best assam lime drink (kit chai shuin mui).One of the friendly waitress in Kedai Kopi Jia Siang. Isn't she cute?
Next, we head on to Warisan Square for retail therapy! But first, I went to Yogur Berry for some low calorie yet delicious yogurt with fresh fruits. This is my set - the white cream look-alike is the yogurt (very very delicious and smooth... yummy!), the brown thing there is walnut cake and fish cake. The name fish cake is a bit weird lar don't you think? When they mention fish cake, the first thing I could think of is the fish cake people put in kuey teow goreng. But this fish cake and walnut cake in Yogur Berry is actually hand made cake with red bean paste in it. Walnut cake contains walnuts in it. Verdict: smells good, taste great...The fresh fruits selection booth. I picked green apple, melon and mango.The view in Warisan Square. Nice...The decoration in Yogur Berry. I love this piece - rose petals scattered all over.After done with our retail therapy and last minute shopping, we packed up our things in hotel and headed back home. Flight delayed 2 HOURS. Biasa lah, Air Asia mah! For the three years I flew with Air Asia, flight got delayed numerous times. Aih... But I love Air Asia for their promotions! So, my parents and I hanged out at the air port for 3 hours and finally reached home at 3 am!

Convocation ends, life goes on... Working life now...

6 *twinkles*:

Roses said...

babi betul..

just when i set my mind to diet, u came up with all these pictures

what do u have in mind, woman?
hahahaha

Mei-Wah said...

come let's go KK with me... bring you to yogurberry, where it's low calorie, no fat...

Roses said...

besok aku comment lagi...

kk??? anytime, dear

talk about ur holidays first

hahahah

low calorie??

i am fat panaroid ok now...

Anonymous said...

hey,im going to sabah this march. was googling abt it n came across ur blog. KK sounds like a very interesting place to go now i have to admit after looking at those pics u posted.
this is my very 1st trip to Borneo (as my bday pre-celebration? haha i'd like to tink of it that way), but too bad im going there only for 3 days. hope its gonna b enuf. well, maybe i might go again someday to finish the unfinished business ;)

CathJ said...

Owww I miss my own hometown already!!! You took so much beautiful photo!! and its really open my eyes now..how beautiful sabah is.. Wah u managed take the rafelsia flower!!! I never did that!! I guess I must make a tour on my own home town now... LOL..

Rafee said...

I'm not very sure if you are a native Sabahan... but these posts are really wonderful =)

I come from Kudat, Sabah and worked at KK for a few years and these pictures sure bring back memories.

I sure will read your blog for updates, hahaha, in case you go to Sabah again. Now I'm shuttling between KL and Singapore so been some time since I went home.

miss SABAH!

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs