Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another CNY Dinner!

Pardon me on my ignorance to my post on Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Bandung. Too many things to write, in so lil' time. Oh gawd... Not to fear, I will write them down as soon as I finished my current post. ;) Thousand apologies. Now back to Chinese New Year! (OMG, I gotta get scolding from all of you as I'm still talking about CNY ya allah Valentine's Day pun sudah berlalu wtf)

Can't be denied that Chinese New Year is the time to reunite. We did this every year. Every single year. Organizers and venues varies from one year to another. This year :) Siew Yee and me are the organizer (cos we were late for last year's reunion dinner wtf) woohoo and we had stressful great time planning for it! Really do wtf.

Venue: Dragon Palace Restaurant
Date: 31 January 2009
Time: 7:00 pm initially (Malaysian culture: arrives at 8:00 pm)

Read last year's post:
1. Compilation of CNY reunion dinner - compilation of photos from 3 cameras owned by Jet, Vennie and me.
2. What we did with the camera placed on top of the upside-down bowl. Haha, great laugh! Click if you are curious.

Photobucket
My "lao char bo" and me.

Photobucket
From right: Tsu Ann, Connie, Siew Yee, me and Sau Theng
(OMG Sau Theng, it has been so many years since we last meet up!)

Photobucket
The menu and Rose's signature finger lickin' good.

Photobucket
PY's half distorted head (sorry! :() and Jet's photography skill.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Big Family
Standing from right: Yeeping, Yolanda, Liwei, Vennie, Tsuann, Connie, Sautheng, Rose, me, Lily, Jet, Yarlee, Yeevoon, Leesan, Suchia.
Sitting from right: Cynthia, Kim Wong, Kelly, Pohyan, Peiwei, Baby Ian, Siewyee, Lujinn.


The silly thing we did... :D

Photobucket
Toss it high, girls!

Photobucket
According to Pohyan (2009) - scoop one bite of "lou sang" into your plate right after finished tossing. This is to invite "choy" (prosperity) straight onto plate and into your mouth! (What a theory.)

Photobucket
The oh-so-oily-fattening-sin rice of the night.

Photobucket
The "pun choy" - which means variety of foods in a big (suppose to be in a claypot, traditional style) wok, arranged orderly by layers. This was served (traditionally) in rural kampung areas in China.

Photobucket
Up coming organizer of year 2010: Wainee (in cobalt blue) whom arrived LATE, very late

Arrays of pictures coming right up. Girls camwhore. Exit if you can't stand our cuteness us. Lol~ :D

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
*Flying kisses*

Photobucket
Pretend cute ala Taiwanese ah lians.

Photobucket
Gasp!!! Oh my gawd we saw F4 wtf.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
At the end of the night, we cleared the bill and bid each other bye-bye.


In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.
It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.
We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~Albert Schweitzer

7 *twinkles*:

♛ LORD ZARA 札拉 ♛ said...

Wah!!

Looked so happy there!!

levian said...

what a lovely gathering! how i wish to stand in between you girls n have fun for the whole night. :D

Dragon said...

nice gathering dinner u have. :)

fufu said...

rose is your lao char bo?? oh no.... T.T anyway nice ya all girls dinner!! i should have joined you girls... *ops you didnt invite me meh?, soli soli*

hana said...

OMG MEE SANG no wait im pretty sure it's not spelled like that but i cannot remember the correct word atm *frowns*

BUT I KNOW ITS DAMN DELICIOUS! Ate it for the first time in my life last year and omg its yummeh!

And why you like f4 lol.

levian said...

leaving comments n blog visiting is the greatest support i can give my fellow blogger buddies after all. :)

Mei-Wah said...

Zara: Yeah~ we enjoyed ourselves to the max!

Levian: I think we can do that in the future (wink) ;) There must be a chance~ And I appreciate your strong support to me, I love you so much! *muahhh*

Dragon: Yeah it was extremely enjoyable!

Fufu: Yesh Rose is MY laocharbo~

Hana: First bite: it's first love. But as I ate more and more, I got sick of it already. Cos of the plum sauce i think...

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs