Saturday, May 3, 2008

Japanese Garden, Bukit Tinggi

The following photos were backdated long long time ago - 31 December 2007 in Bukit Tinggi, Pahang! I went there to celebrate the countdown of New Year. I didn't stay until midnight for the countdown though, somewhat came up and we went downhill to Bentong to get together with Wei-Hwa's aunt. Anyway, we went to few prominent attraction of Bukit Tinggi - French Town, Japanese Garden and Bunny Farm.

If you never been to Bukit Tinggi before, you can give it a try, but IMHO, it's not worth the second time. French Town is unexciting, and Bunny Farm is just a tiny land with lotsa bunnies hopping around. The only place worth going again - Japanese Garden, Bukit Tinggi in fact is the world's first Japanese Tea House in tropical forest. But when I think of the 3 hours drive from Seremban to Bukit Tinggi, I shivered!

1. French Town (Colmar Tropicale)

Colorful French-theme resort in Bukit Tinggi, managed by Berjaya Group. It's a small small town, with shops promoting souvenirs that easily available from the local flea markets. The restaurants are overpriced, serve up not-so-delicious food, and waitress I met are not-so-friendly.
Colmar Tropicale is the unique French-themed attraction at Bukit Tinggi Resort. It stands 2,600 feet above sea level on 80 acres of natural forestland. The first of its kind in Malaysia, it is modelled after the 16th Century Colmar Village in Alsace, France and has retained the authenticity and European feel of its counterpart. Submerge yourself in the French countryside ambience at Colmar Tropicale as its beautiful architecture and furnishings bring you back to times of yore.



Here we are, having our brunch at one of the restaurant (forgot the name of it). Buffet brunch - they serves Chinese and Western style breakfast plus lunch. Psst... they make bland omelets, even I can do better (muahaha... maybe!).



Cool outcome achieved with mua camera!
If you ask me now, how I did it? I totally forgot! Really!
My memory is just like Dory from Finding Nemo.

Unusual faces of me!

Random pictures.



Spotted swans at the Swan Lake.
2 white swans and 2 black ones - graceful, poised and elegant!

Mingling around the swan lake.


2. Japanese Garden

The second place I went was the Japanese Garden. Well, I expect that most of you have read Beverly's blog entry on Portland's Japanese Garden. Malaysia's Japanese Garden is not that bad, just that the weather is warm compared to Portland's, no big bonzai, no snow, and no Sakura tree. Ah?!? No sakura tree and you call yourself a JAPANESE GARDEN ar?
Japanese Village, The first of its kind outside Japan. It encompasses a Japanese Tea House & Garden, Ume Tatami Suit. Reataurant is japanese stlye and The garden is designed japanese architect.

Every detail observe captures the spirit of Japanese craftsmanship at its most authentic. And the garden was planned and designed by renowned Japanese architect, Mr Kaio Ariizumi and built by a team of 22 skilled craftsmen from Japan.


This is the grand pathway to the Japanese Garden.
Pretty nice... and lucky there's tall trees to provide cool shades.

Fluffy moss on the ground.
No stepping, no plucking, no peeing on the moss okay!

Walk along the pathway, and will lead to this entrance.

"Trying-hard-to-be-cute" shot.

Healthy feng-shui koi fish.





All Japanese Garden MUST have this water-dripping-thingy?
Portland's Japanese Garden has one, Bukit Tinggi has one...

Muahaha... my splashing water shot!
(Click to enlarge)

Kimono rental service is available for RM30: 30 minutes.
Wear it and snap as many photos as you want!!!


Next I splurged myself to Tatami Spa wtf!
Nolar, I'm too stingy to go for a spa here. The price will shock you, I tell ya!

Only for those with big-fat-wallet!
Not for the faint-hearted-with-lil-money (like me)...

Lushful green garden, suitable for wannabe-wed-couple who wanna take photos ala Japanese style.


Let's catch one for dinner and steam it tonight ala Nyonya style! Hahahawtf...

Small hut for you to take a rest.

Expensive Japanese restaurant up-the-hill.


Next, we went for jalan-jalan around the garden.
It's so huge, I stopped many times to catch my breath.

Ever tried kedondong juice with asam boi? I didn't know kedondong is from a tree, which is so tall and huge, no wonder they charge RM2.00 per glass. It's so delicious! But I can only find it in Mantin, Seremban.

Welcome sign board.

3. Bunny Farm

Last trip of the day, before we head down to Bentong, Pahang - Rabbit Farm, 7 minutes drive from. It's nothing special, just a land with bunnies, camels, donkeys and deers.

Cute cute Bunny, come play with me...


Eyes of a Bunny...

"Poor me...", says Bunny.

I says, "You look delicious!".
Bunny says, "Let go of me!!!".

Phew, that's wrap up the trip to Bukit Tinggi. For those who never been there, give Bukit Tinggi a try. You wouldn't regret it! You get a shot of France and Japanese under one place! Great deal right? Hahaha...

17 *twinkles*:

Akira 思胜 said...

Wah, so many lovely photos here!!! I wish I can go to there also!!! Especially the Japanese Garden!!!

The French town is full of artistic and cultural, love it!

The Bunny farm too, so many bunny... Bugs Bunny, where are u!!!

Kikey Loo said...

I went there b4...
i love the place!! (^.^)

Beverly's Secret said...

The rabbit is so cute~~
as cute as YOU!!

both of you are so sweet~~

Mei-Wah said...

dear akira: you can drive there easily! maybe it's about 4 hours drive from Penang? not so sure about that... you can definitely give Bukit Tinggi's Japanese Garden a try...

dear kikey: love the place? (^_^) thanks for dropping by!

dear bev: aiks... cute as me? muahaha... don't think so lar... bunnies will bite me to death if they heard what you said! LOL...

nana said...

looks like so much fun! been a while since i last visited bukit tinggie though. eh how you carry the bunny lar? ahaha. but cute though!! :D

-waiseng- said...

WOw, that place is a very nice spot to take lots of pics. And bunnies too. :D cuteness.

Mei-Wah said...

dear nana: bunnies must be carried with care. they got instruction board over there - teaching you on how to carry it the right way.

dear waiseng: "cuteness" - u mean the bunny or the one holding the bunny? muahaha...

laydeylike said...

i wanted to go Bukit Tinggi last time, but my friend keep cajole me don't, said very expensive. *sigh*

TheJessicat said...

u noe sumth? that place gives me an idea of whr to go with my boyf next

=D

Anonymous said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiii, i like the place so much but i don't have time to go...
hope this coming holiday i will be able to make it! THANKS for the holiday idea ya!

Satkuru said...

wow, the last time i was at bukit tinggi, there were barely anything much to see. the japanese garden looks very nice :P and the bunnies ! gosh can squeeze them, LOL

Carrie Tai said...

I went there during Chinese New Year too. But still don have time to blog about it. hahaha...

Did you rent their Kimono?

Anonymous said...

Bukit Tinggi is a nice place for a quick weekend getaway.

Anonymous said...

For those who never been to Bukit Tinggi should take some times for a nice short holiday~!! Really a nice place away from pollution! Fresh air that refresh your mind ~~~

Anonymous said...

wow.. ane song....

i tot this is honeymoon...

I plan to go there for honeymoon..

mana tau .. my honey wan to go oversea....

so.... we went Thailand. Koh Samui lor.. hahaha

Anonymous said...

Look nice huh? I guesss it will be my next holiday trip...can drive there and not spend so much money... :)

As you say, I am too the faint hearted with lil money one ma...so can just travel within msia...haha :)

Mei-Wah said...

dear clara: you should go there next time! (^___^) make it your next cuti-cuti malaysia destination!

dear jess: the place definitely suits you and your bf to hold hands and paktoh...

dear marimarihome_bubu: one question from me to you - are you a magician? hehehe... "mali mali hoong!". sounds like you have been to bukit tinggi and enjoyed your trip there!

dear huat koay: aiyar, honeymoon sure in overseas mar... then only it will be a perfect honeymoon! koh samui is a very beautiful place too... next time, your wife and you can plan to go to bukit tinggi! (^___^)

dear joyce: within msia already have SO many places for us to explore! when you and your bf wanna come down to seremban? i will treat you seremban beef noodle! it's so yummy, i guarantee you!!!

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs