Sunday, April 20, 2008

A day with Siew Yee, Morrie and Pancakes

I hate public transport. Not that I was being so "princess" or "siu jie" or something, but public transport in Malaysia is so lousy! If anyone of you been to Singapore, you will understand why. (Haha, the only oversea country that I have been is only Singapore. I got no money to go other places, okay? So, I can only brag about Singapore, or Sabah... Hahahawtf!)

(OMGOMGOMG!!! Vitamin A, D and beta carotene will shorten one's life by 16 percent! I just heard it from the news. Vitamins are BAD for health! It's a form of drug, you know?)

Last Saturday, I took the commuter with friend of mine to MidValley for some food indulgence. Reasons why I wanna take the commuter: I never drive to KL before, I never dare (laugh with all your heart!), I wanna save petrol wtf and I wanna save Mother Nature by reducing the release of carbon monoxide wtf.

On our way to MidValley (met up with Siew Yee at UKM station), I had my chance of reading a book which I bought LONG time ago, but got no time to read it. An inspiration book for all - Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom (author of "The Five People You Meet In Heaven"). I only read half-way, but so far it's a book worth reading again and again (Albom's England is simple (for me) and straight to the point, not like those going around the bushes, flowery words, oh tuhan... buat aku mau tidur saja!).

One of the quote from the book that I found interesting:
So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.
We reached MidValley, and hoo-ray we head straight to Paddington - House of Pancakes (PHOP) IMMEDIATELY cause we are too darn hungry. There are numerous bloggers who blogged about PHOP before, and before I get to know that PHOP is a restaurant selling pancakes, I thought Paddington - House of Pancakes is THIS (OMG, why am I so kampung wan?):

Minta ampun for the blur pictures. Took them all with camera phone, but quality also acceptable okay? Just bear with it...


My date of the day: Siew Yee. My bestie since Standard 2 (let me count... 17 years!) and we shared the ups and downs of friendship. During Standard 3 (that was year 1993), we (together with another friend - Siow Mei) opened up a COLORING CLUB! Our MAIN motive was to make money! See how money minded we are. We are only 9 years old okay!?! We collected 50 cents from participant, give them something to color, and using the money that we collected, we bought present for the winner (eraser/pencil sharpener/plastic cheap pencil box/etc). AND WE STILL MANAGE TO EARN SOME MONEY! Hahaha...




She's studying in University Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and she's still available! She can cook very well (unlike me), love to clean the house, loyal, good listener, and studying Masters in Quality bla... bla... bla... Any decent, single, good man out there who wanna know about this best friend of mine, let me know ya! Leave a comment/e-mail me!

Ignore my eye-bags, my small eyes, swollen eyes and my dull complexion. Oh, how I miss my long hair... my golden crown...




NOW DROOL ON THIS!

Tokyo (RM18.50)
grilled chicken with tomato sauce on top, chicken ham with cheese on top, mashed potato, cherry tomatoes and lettuce rolled up in pancakes.

Humble verdict of mine: Food were delicious, pancakes were flipped right, lettuce were crunchy, cherry tomatoes were juicy and fresh, chicken breast were grilled perfectly, and the cheese on the ham were heavenly! Rating 8 out of 10!

However, on the other hand, there are some suggestion to make it EVEN BETTER - by using chicken thigh meat and not chicken breast meat because it's too dry lar...

Overall: we were EXTREMELY happy with the price, the taste, the portion (it's HUGE okay!).

Definitely gonna return back to PHOP! Their service were great too! But DON'T site on their sofa. Your whole body will sink into the sofa, not suitable for eating, but great if you just go there for a drink. Oh dewi kuan yin, who will go to PHOP for drink? Hahahawtf...

Drool... drool... drool...

It's desert time!
We ordered Apple Fritters (RM18.50).
You see? So darn affordable right, the price?

Apple fritters (it's like yau char kuai, but it's green apple they are frying), with coconut flakes on the outside, making it TASTE SO GOOD!

Served with non-fat cream (I suppose), slices of strawberries, raisin and pancake (with hidden treasure inside - 2 scoops of smooth vanilla ice-creams!)

It's so heavenly... We felt that we are the happiest girl in the world. For one moment, I forget about my diet plan, the time and my budget. Hehehe...

PHOP even provided CARAMEL for us to pour on top of it! OMGOMG, how much I love caramel! Caramel ice-cream, caramel inside Snickers, caramel in Cadbury Eclairs, caramel~caramel~caramel...

All their plates are hot! Our both Tokyo and Apple Fritters' plates were hot! The waiters even used pair of mitten to serve the food to their customers. But amazingly, the ice-cream did not melt!

Stop drooling and go try it for yourself!

PHOP is worth going again and again... My aim is to try all their food from their menu! Buahahaha... *evilish laugh* To those who wanna go to PHOP, but didn't know where, location is stated here, just go to the one whichever close to you:

Unit 142 & 143, 1st Floor, The Curve,
6 Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara,
47800 Petaling Jaya
Tel / Fax : 03 7726 2382

G-20, Ground Floor, Hartamas Shopping Centre,
60, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1,
Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel / Fax : 03 6201 7527

G363, Ground Floor Rainforest,
1 Utama Shopping Centre
Bandar Utama Damansara
47800 Petaling Jaya
Tel / Fax : 03 7722 3206

1F-102, 1F-103 & 1F-108,
1st Floor, Quensbay Mall,
100 Persiaran Bayan Indah,
11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang
Tel / Fax : 04-644 9910

Lot LG-216, Lower Ground Floor,
The Gardens, Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra,
59200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel / Fax : 03 2287 4872

After lunch (which is so full, it lasted until dinner! Hoo--ray-- I saved on my dinner! Hahahawtf...), we head on to Borders and I bought 3 books. Eh, did you know Borders always have this "Buy 3, Pay 2" promotion? So, the less expensive item is free... Buahahaha... I LOVE BORDERS!

We head back to Seremban at 5:30 pm. The crowd were HUGE and all were pushing to get into the commuter because the next commuter schedule were CANCELLED! We were so lucky to catch this one to get back home! And remember earlier when I mentioned that I hate public commuters? When the crowd gets uncontrollable, chances of wallets/purses/handphones being stolen (silently) are VERY HIGH too... I hold on to my handbag sooOOoo close, I can feel the sweat from my armpit dripped on it lor... (hahahawtf~)

And at that moment, I heard a girl shouting, "Eh, someone stole my purse!". Being a typical Malaysian, I curi-curi listen to the girl's conversation with her friends. I look around for the bad guy (at the same time clutching my handbag CLOSE to my chest). Aiyer... look at Malaysia's public transport - so UGLY! Anyway, just becareful with your surrounding lor...

Counting down to 26 April 2008!

10 *twinkles*:

Beverly's Secret said...

Ohh.. thank god nothing happen to you!!

Wei, you must bring me to paddington next time!!

Anonymous said...

i will go with you my dear when i get back to kl. must eat paddington!! hahaha...

Akira 思胜 said...

Stop it, I dont want to see anymore for the photos... pls stop it, arghh....

Cannot tahan anymore, I have to look at them and feel hungry, and then go to eat!!! hehe ^^

Mei-Wah said...

dear bev: we WILL go to paddington for sure! june maybe? kekkee...

dear dear: hahha... we go together with beverly! the menu is so huge, that we sure dunno which one to order!

dear akira: PHOP is available in penang right? you are so lucky!

Akira 思胜 said...

hahaha, got also, but I never try before lor... hehe...

BUT, one day I will go there for sure!!!

nana said...

actually hor, i think you look great with your hair! seriously. i love your fringe too :D

ps/ this week has been bad for me too! sigh. hope next week (and the rest) will be better for both of us!

pps/ you can call me nana :)

Mei-Wah said...

dear nana: hehe... finally i know what to call you! =) nice to meet you, nana~ nah, i love my previous hairstyle... my bob hair is getting longer. not nice already~ wish both of us the very SMOOTH week...

GeOk kEE好きな♡ うち said...

PHOP? Then i must be 1 of the kampung girls coz i dunno Midvalley hv this shop. If wan me intro any fd in Sabah is ok. But KL? Noo...stil no very familiar with it. sigh~
I like the Apple Fritters, so yummy!!!

nana said...

hehe..nice to meet you too :D

jEt said...

I love this book, i cried reading this book. must search through my boxes and dwell in this book again. :)

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs