Monday, June 2, 2008

Eat at the TOILET?!?

Come on everyone... I'm hungry! Let me bring you for dinner...













... in the toilet!!! :o



Hahaha... yes, yes, yes... You got me right! I am bringing you to eat in the toilet! :p I mean, sitting on the toilet bowl, while eating on top of bath tub or washing sink. And yes, I AM SERIOUS.

T-Bowl Concept Restaurant is a toilet-themed restaurant, located in Queensbay Mall, Bayan Lepas, Penang. You absolutely can't miss this restaurant as it is strategically located at the same floor as Golden Screen Cinema (GSC). That is how Wei-Hwa and me fall upon this unique restaurant. We came out of GSC after watching Ironman, and hey... hey... hey... we came across T-Bowl Concept Restaurant!

And we decided to give it a try... ;)

The three brother of T-Bowl - blue-color thingy, yellow poo and orange toilet bowl.
I wonder what the blue-color thingy is??? :D Toilet cover? Toilet mirror? Shower tap?

Colorful and vibrant colored wallpaper. Pretty pretty~

So cute right?!? Toilet tic-tac-toe!

While some people collects LVs, stamps, shopping bags, earrings, shoes, etc etc...
THIS PERSON COLLECTS TOILET BOWLS! :0

I goggled "toilet bowl restaurant" and came across another same concept restaurant, but it's located in Taiwan, called Toilet Bowl Restaurant. Same concept, same decoration, same toilet bowl.

Their interior.
Notice that there are shower taps all around their walls.

My "table" - made of washing sink, with a piece of glass placed above it.
And some miserable looking sea shells.

Table for 6 person.
Those were bath tubs. Bigger. With lights in it.

Our "chairs".
Totally uncomfortable! Thus I made a conclusion: toilet bowl is made for shitting, not to improvise and turn it into a chair! :x
I am unhappy with this restaurant apparently... :(

So many toilet bowls here, it sure smells~ :#

Nah, just kidding... ;)

We weren't in the mood for food that time because we stuffed ourselves silly with popcorns, corn-in-cup, and Coke during the movie! :) We weren't hungry after all, BUT we are interested to give this unique restaurant a try, therefore we just shared a "toilet" bowl of baked cheese rice with chicken and mushrooms.

Our "food" arrives.
20 minutes later. Sigh...

The food doesn't impress me much...

Me: "Mum... look! I'm eating out of the toilet bowl!"
Mum: "Why you don't feel gross? Didn't it make you think of the poops?"
Me: "Errmmm..."

Me, sitting on the toilet bowl, having a meal INSIDE the toilet bowl.
How "appetizing" is that...

The truth is, the food there SUCKS!
Terrible... terrible... nothing but bad...
Don't judge the food from it's photo!


One thing I DO LOVE, is their plush toys, none other than the T-Brothers.
Ain't they're cute? I love the yellow poo... :D

Nothing but toilet bowls la la la...

Conclusion:
  • The food weren't as delicious as it looks. Edible. Please don't put high hopes when you go there. DON'T.
  • The toilet bowl "chairs" seemed cute. Yes, it looked cute, BUT as you are sitting on it for a period of time, you will soon realize that your ass are losing it's nerve and you can't feel your ass anymore!
  • Service were slow and with no effort at all. The first thing when you sat down is that the waiter/waitress brings u the menu, a paper and a pencil. All you need to do is take a look at the menu, tick on the paper given - beside the food that you wanna eat, and pass the paper and pencil to the waiter/waitress. Ta-daa! That's it! And you stupidly wait for your food, with nothing else to do.
  • The tables were placed TOO near to each other, I can obviously listen to next table's conversation. And they can listen to mine. So pai-seh!
  • Price weren't affordable. EXPENSIVE lah! Does not worth it!
  • Food were bad.
  • Food were bad.
  • Food were bad.
  • I wouldn't go there again if I happens to go Penang and Queensbay Mall again. NEVER!
  • TOILET BOWLS WERE MEANT PURELY FOR PEE-PEE AND POO-POO!!!

16 *twinkles*:

Barbie said...

Oh MY!!!! I was real astonished with this post entitled Eat at the Toilet!!! I thought u were just playing around sweetie :P, but when I continued reading u said, U WERE SERIOUS. lol...

It's kinda weird to do so. Don't u think? Heh Heh, but at least this is something unique from the rest of the restaurants. Even dear Mei Wah, also wanna have a try :P Keh Keh.. the food was terrible, inconvinient services, and not spacious enough, but look! it's crowded in there lol.. I bet they must be the first timer like u heh heh... I wanna go there too anyway :P

You know, I've been daydreaming to have the Disney Princess toilet bowl commercially availble :P I would just keep bugging mom to buy one for me Lol... ^ ^ Sounds stupid.

Btw, Barbie is the first here again :P ^ ^

Tau Sar Phneah said...

you seems really unhappy with the restaurant le..

keep on insisting that the food was bad..

hmmm..since u said tht, will think twice next time before dining there..but no doubt the concept is creative..

Kikey Loo said...

the restaurant is interesting, too bad the foods is bad.... if not good to go and try!

Beverly's Secret said...

Wow~~ Your pictures look great woh although you do not recommend this place...
It's worth a TRY...

Isn't Curry Fish Head better?
kekeke

Akira 思胜 said...

Ah hem! I'm back to action!

Haha, you went to there also? The design is really good, but the service there is really lousy, and the food is not worth it!!!!

I wont go there again! haha...

GeOk kEE好きな♡ うち said...

oh I see...last time when I ask Akira about this restaurant, he also said not that nice. After see ur post, I dun think I wll hv high expectation about it anymore. sigh...too bad, although their design is cool~

p/s: Besides some small gathering, I just stay at home for my 2 weeks annual leave...sigh...

bearlim said...

i know got this similar restaurant in Taiwan. I dont even know that is one in Penang already! Although you are recommend, but i will still have try when i have a chance to go penang.. :)

Dragon said...

although i lived in pg, i didnt think of going to this restaurant since i heard many bad comment from others. hahaha. i rather go other nice restaurant lo, agree?

Vivi said...

Although I nvr been there, but I like the enviroment there, too bad I heard alot of frens saying the sames thing, food was soso only !

what a wasted !!!

by the way, thx for drop by and Nice to knw you !!!!! Keep in touch ya :D

Anonymous said...

I heard it in the forum..the food are SUCKS.... so, i not thinking of trying it till there have did some improvement in food! ahhahah

laydeylike said...

wahh!! really unique..but i doubt myself can dine in such kind of environment and atmosphere.i

did received an email on the toilet bowl shop in taiwan sometime ago, if still ada i forward 2 u k.. =)

im not interested to try after you make a post on this!

ƒörèvër HL said...

i know this place....last time went to Queensbay and saw this place...haha...but i didnt go in lah...looks weird and...geli...^^

JeromeFo 令狐冲 said...

Lolx.So interesting when i was looking at all the pics.=)
Too bad, the place is abit far from my KL house.=S

mustardqueen said...

OMGoddess, this place DAMN COOL!!! I remember reading it in the chinese newspaper (but the one is taiwan one, not malaysia one I think e taiwan one will taste better who knows) BUT BUT!!! Don't you think that, you will have thoughts of brown, caramel coloured swirly thingy in ur bowl (read: chocolate cake wtf)hhahaha but damn coolll I wanna visit also T__T

Unknown said...

Only the idea is brilliant and the rest is Bad!!!

tsuey miin said...

i thought this kind of restaurant only available in taiwan..>.<
quite surprise when reading ur post and found out penang available too!
after reading ur post,i think i wont go this kind of restaurant..>.<
the restaurant seems cute and veli 新奇,but nothing good...=.=

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs