Thursday, June 19, 2008

Food food glorious food at New World Park

GREAT NEWS!!!
GREAT NEWS!!!
GREAT NEWS!!!






Hehehe... this blog entry will be the end of my Penang trip. (I heard people shouting with joy and jumping with happiness... =__________=).

Sigh...

Anyway, I will wrap up my Penang trip footage gracefully. And here it goes...


After having Prawn Mee for breakfast,
After morning walking in Youth Park,
After shopping in Ghee Hiang,
And another round of shopping in Sheng Hiang,
After cooling ourselves with cendol,
Finally... and I mean it this time... FINALLY, Wei-Hwa and I are heading back to Seremban. :(


But not before we have our FINAL :o round of food with Akira! ;) *wink*wink* ;) Tunggu apa lagi? Makan lah! Akira brought us to New World Park, a new open-air food court, in between Swatow Lane, Burma Road and Kedah Road.

This map is absolutely useful~ ;)

OMG OMG... what's the name of this dish? Argh... Dragon, please help me!!! This is the problem you will face if you blog about food TOO LATE! Or maybe it's the problem with my memory after all? Lol... :D

Ah, got answer from Dragon already... It's pasembur!!! It's a Malaysian Indian salad (yes, it doesn't make you fat!) consist of shredded cucumber, turnip, potatoes, beancurd, bean sprouts, prawn fritters, spicy fried crab, fried octopus, etc etc, and served with sweet and spicy nutty sauce.

I admit, we ordered waaayyy too much food.

Cucumber, guava, raw mangoes, squid, water apple, with yummy dressing and chopped peanuts~

The secret to the dressing: water, belacan, sugar, shrimp paste, chili and lime juice. That makes everything taste absolutely delicious! :$

Crunchy, light and delicious! :D

Chinese styled pancakes! Yummy yummy...

I love the pancake so much cause it has lotsa creamed corn in it!
I love creamed corn...

I love creamed corn...

I love creamed corn...

I love creamed corn...

I love creamed corn...

I love creamed corn...!!!
:$

"Ho chian": fried oyster omelette... :$

OMG OMG OMG OMG~~~

Char kuey teow... I had this almost everyday for breakfast/lunch/dinner... YET, it's so delicious and I will never ever get bored of it! I SWEAR!!! :p

If you were a hunky guy, I would marry you, Char Kuey Teow... :k Lol...

"BURPPPP...!!!"

Ooops... ;)




Akira's hospitality really make me feel warm! Right before we parted from each other, he brought us to another location somewhere in Penang (which I'm really clueless) for Chinese version of Apong! More information here in Akira's blog.

Simple to make, yet lotsa people queued up for it!

Friendly Uncle Guan keep assuring me that my Apong is preparing now, and will be served to me in a jiffy! My verdict: SUPERDUPER YUMMY~~~ :$


That's it! That wraps up the closing of my 3-days 2-nights Penang trip. Although we have been there for only 3 days, yet we filled ourselves with food endlessly!!! It was great to meet you in person, Akira! You are the true Food God I have ever known, and a great friend to have! I gotta say that blogging brings people from different corners of the world, together!




I DEFINITELY WILL GO TO PENANG AGAIN!!!

Jom gi Penang!

23 *twinkles*:

Akira 思胜 said...

Haha, finally you have finished to post the trip to Penang!

All the food are nice, right? Hehe... So welcome you to come again ya!!!

Come come come again!!! For the next chapter of food hunting in Penang!!!

Kikey Loo said...

oh my...
i miss all those foods...
especially Rojak!!

hu hu... :'(
i wanna go home now!!!!

Barbie said...

Chinese pan cakes! Look so yum Yum Mei Wah! Wanna have a try either. Wondering if we have it here in my country, but well, I used to try some kind of similiar pan cakes, but they also have the mixed of chocolate, strawberry jam, and yeah, the cream corn ^ ^ So Yum!

Tau Sar Phneah said...

kate hudson!!!...enough enough!!...haha..you keep on tempting all the penang lang who currently arent in pg...so torturing..you know the feeling of looking at the pics and not to get the taste..help me God!!..haha..

Tim-Kimokeo Voon said...

pls tapao the OChien and the Apam Balik pls...
will pay by paypal and when reach here must be fresh and warm ok...

HAHAHHAHAHH!

Mei-Wah said...

dear Akira: it's been a great time hanging out with you in Penang!

dear Kikey: you are most welcome to come back to Malaysia~~~ Malaysia misses you too! :$

dear Barbie: the pancake are Chinese style. there are English styled pancakes here too, called "waffle"... it's yummy too Barbie... :D

dear tsp: i will FedEx to you! place your order, please... i accept cheque, paypal and wire transfer... hehee... lol... ;)

dear t-mo-t: i will borrow the "hot pouch" from Pizza Hut and place everything you ordered in it, and FedEx to you! (^_____^)

dear All Readers: i love blogging about food, and i am extremely happy that the food brings happiness to you, and remind you the food of Malaysia (espeacially to those who are not in Malaysia now)... :)

Dragon said...

next time u come must ask me out!!!

Chobits said...

Mei Wah mui, may i know how many meals you eat per day in Penang?Sure gain weight already lor? Hehehe~
No worries, i will gain weight together with you coz...i am going to Penang tonight!

I will eat as much as you and i will eat all the food that you published, Pasembur, Chao Kuey Teow, A Pong, Ho Chian, Pan Cake, & Rojak, hehe~ This is the first time i am no longer torture my stomach with delicious food in blog.wahahhahaaha~

Penang! I am coming!

Mei-Wah said...

dear Dragon kor: i WILL and i MUST ask you out when i go to penang again next time. we will talk about Sabah from sunrise to sunset. hahaha...

dear Chobits jie: oh my, you are going to Penang too? can i tapau some Char Kuey Teow from you? hehehe... you can taste the real Penang food tonight! yay yay!!! :D

iamlz said...

U made me drool!! XD

Beverly's Secret said...

I want to go Penang too~~
join you next time can?

古墓街第7号當鋪 said...

When you going there again?
I want to go there too =)

tsuey miin said...

the foods looks so delicious T^T
quite hungry now..feel like ur blog a bit like beverly and akira style..hmm..combined style..haha..XD


*i dont know abt apong b4..dint try b4 too >.<

ßrigida ∫chmidt © Copyright said...

OMG, how much lbs did you gain?!! I wonder what do you weigh after eating all of those.

And the Indian-Malay Salad that you said won't make you fat, looks like it's not gonna work for me. I sure will order more and more!

GeOk kEE好きな♡ うち said...

wei wei wei.....
pls keep some fried oyster omelette for me ah!!!!
Here I come!!!

Mei-Wah said...

dear Limzhi: allow me to wipe away your drool... :)

dear Bev: come, let's go Penang and meet up with Akira and Dragon next time!

dear Jerome: let's join Bev and me together-gether! :) eat till we puke1

dear SaiLing: ah, combination of Akira and Beverly? then i can be called "Akerly"... hehehe...

dear Bridge: honestly telling you, i DON'T even dare to weight myself! :) i can't face the meter on the weighing scale!

dear Yuki: come, let us ask Chobits to tapau some for us! she's in Penang for the weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

aiks.... Akira is a good food guide...

hmm, thinking of ask him to join us.. be Tua Pui (fatty) also..

all the food is shot well.. and happy to see u all enjoy penang food...

Vivi said...

so hungry >.<~~

eunice said...

OMG!! All these food are my all-time favourites! I should have come across your blog before I went Penang last Christmas!

Thanks for sharing! I love Penang... and Ipoh food! ;)

~eunice~
TravelerFolio.com

Peter said...

wah.. next time also tell me ma.. :D can meet up maybe? hehe

Keith said...

Terima kasih! I hjave been to your site a few times, and I am stuk on the fact you make the most delightful food pictures. You should work for a food magazine.

It is the profile pic of whatever you have served up that brings me back to this site!

Unknown said...

I tell you all ahhh...this apong is superduper delicious and it's darn cheap! I'm sure you can't get it at any other place with it's taste and price. For those who will visit Penang must try this apong!!

Cheryl Wee said...

That's the famous Apong Guan where his stall is located along Burmah Road, right in front of Union Primary School, or diagonally opposite the biscuit shop Him Heang - the main cause of traffic jam whenever it's open :P

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs