Thursday, June 5, 2008

Okay... I admit that I'm a fool to devour this in Penang.

Throw whatever you can find around you - rotten eggs, cabbages, smelly shoes, pillows, Shieldtox, etc etc to me, as I had Dragon-i in Penang. Argh... Penang is heaven for foods! Why the heck you eat at Dragon-i??? Why?!?

Oh Lord, please tell me why I said "yes" in the first place...


Well, actually... Wei-Hwa and me meet up with his friend, Peter in Queensbay Mall. As dinner-time arrives, Wei-Hwa asked him, "What you wanna have for dinner?". And guess what Peter said?

"I'm bored of Char Kuey Teow, cendols and Loh Bak. How bout... erm... DRAGON-i?!?"

I was like, "Huh??? I came all the way to Penang for Dragon-i? Heyyyy... I can actually go to a nearer Dragon-i outlet in Mid Valley, the Curve or 1 Utama lor... :@ wtfwtf! I don't have to drive (although it's not me who's done the driving... hikhikhik... :D) 6 hours, all the way to Penang for Dragon-i?!? (Although I never tried Dragon-i before. It's crowded EVERYTIME I passed by this restaurant in Mid Valley or the Curve, my top 2 favorite shopping complexes).


Hell. Okay lah, let's give it a try.

Scanned the pamphlets I got from Dragon-i. Sorry for the vertical folded line.
Maafkan daku dalam dirimu...

We took our waiting-number and waited outside Dragon-i for almost 20 minutes.
It's FULL HOUSE (again), but eventually we got our places.

I ordered Spare Pork Rib La-Mian soup.
Verdict: Yummy! Delicious! Sedap!!! Ho chak! Slurrppp... :D

Dragon-i was famous with its La Mian ("Hand Pulled Noodles" aka "Dragon Beard Noodles") and Xiao Long Bao (soup dumpling). La Mian's hand-making process involves taking a lump of dough and repeatedly stretching it to produce a single veryyyy long, soft, smooth and springy noodle. The waitress even ready herself with a pair of scissors in case you need her to give your La-Mian some snip-snip...

Xiao Long Bao (dumplings served in bamboo baskets, layered with Chinese cabbages) was traditionally filled with meat and soup. The soup inside is created by placing some meat gelatin inside the dumpling before steaming. Thus the steam heat melts the gelatin into soup. :0 Taa-daa... That's how they got the soup in the dumpling!

Peter and Wei-Hwa.

I love my choice of La-Mian...
Yummy yummy... :)

Wei-Hwa and I with our first La-Mian of our lives.
Bangga-nya kita... Cheh cheh cheh...

Wei-Hwa's choice of La-Mian - Shanghainese Fried Pork Chop with bowl of La-Mian.
Verdict: Yummy also... But I prefer mine... Hikhikhik... :p

Ah... the all-time-famous Xiao Long Bao! Served piping hot! Nearly burned my tongue! Thanks to my urging desire to have a bite on the freshly made Xiao Long Bao... Hehehe... :) It's so yummy we ordered 2 baskets! Equivalent 8 pieces of Xiao Long Bao. I ate 3!!!

Crucial steps in making the perfect Xiao Long Bao:
  1. The chefs must have a good hand skills to reach the standard of wrapping eight Xiao Long Bao's in ONE minute.
  2. Each Xiao Long Bao must weigh between 20 to 30 grams, all with the standard of same height, either taller or shorter will not be acceptable.
  3. The outer surface layer of Xiao Long Bao must have the standard diameter of 6.5 cm. To ensure compliance, casts of Xiao Long Bao cast are at hand of comparison.
  4. Xiao Long Bao from Dragon-i must comply with the standard of having 18 folding plaits of close plaiting and neat binding-off, and no roughness in taste like a splotch of noodle roll.
Peter (pan) with his Herbal Chicken and La-Mian.
It looked kinda yummy too... :0

I can't end my dinner WITHOUT dessert! Hehehe... :D I ordered Pomelo Mango Sago Cream! Cool and refreshing. Not too sweet for my liking... I heart... :k

I heart Dragon-i!!! Services were great, foods were yummy, chairs were comfortable and ambiance were wonderful. One word: FABULOUS!!! I would definitely bring my mum to try this next time~~~ Hahaha... my mission to become a good daughter wtf. :0

10 *twinkles*:

Kikey Loo said...

long time didn't at Penang liao, never heard abt Dragon-i... so paiseh! the foods look good, next time will go to try...

古墓街第7号當鋪 said...

Walueh...you ordered so many foods ke? Wait when i come back, we go for another round =)

bearlim said...

wow! you make me hungry lar~~
I miss dragon-i food here.

Dragon said...

this one very very hor chiak!! but hor, the price is a bit expensive la. cannot tiam tiam go eat, can pokai one. hehe.

-waiseng- said...

yeap, dragon-i is good. Services are nice too.

Beverly's Secret said...

Both of you looked great in the new shirts ^^

Barbie said...

Food post? ^ ^ but Barbie wanna start off this comment with, Mei Wah and Wei Wah look so cute together ^ ^ Heh heh...

Most of the time I'm here, my stomach always starts making noise :P Mei Wah's fault! :P Heh Heh...

Akira 思胜 said...

haha, maybe I ate different dishes that time, and those were not delicious at all... Sorry to say that... hahaha...

You should tell me to go that day, I can bring you 3 people go to other places to eat... hehe...

Unknown said...

For those who wanna try this restaurant, please remember to order the Xiao Long Bao!! Must eat when it's hot!! Nice nice.

GeOk kEE好きな♡ うち said...

i like xiao long bao!!!
Remember to hv a little bite 1st, drink the interior gravy, then eat the xiao long bao with vinegar
Yummy~

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs