Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Please don't whack me...

Wtfsuperdupermcdkfc wrong with my broadband connection tonight? Darn it... Now I can't online and I'm typing this post offline (type on Notepad wtf and paste it to this post when I go to work the next morning). Sigh... Well, I DID able to silently post up this post anyway (this morning), without the awareness of my colleagues and superior (of course!). Tee--hee-- ;)


It was Father's Day last weekend. How did you celebrate this special day with your Dad? Candle-light dinner? Whipped up nice dinner? Baked cake? Thoughtful gifts? Whatever that is, your Dad will definitely love it! :D The most importantly will be GOOD health for your Dad! That's one thing that CAN'T be bought with MONEY! Here I am here to WISH ALL OF YOUR DAD: GOOD HEALTH and GREAT HAPPINESS!!! Gong xi gong xi... ;)







Okay, back to business...

To those who are SICK of me posting about Penang (again and again and again), please kindly raise up your leg and place it up to your head. Hahaha... ;) Kidding kidding... Who's sick of me babbling about Penang and think that, "Aiyah, you only went to Penang for 3 days and you talked as if you live there forever", you are free to browse other blogs at the side of my blog, all under "Click 'em". Those who are NOT sick of me talking about Penang, you can continue to read sllooooowwwlllyyy and scroll for the "cute wtf" pictures of mine. Hehehe... Lol... ;)

Introduction (to those who are new to my story) - Almost 3 weeks ago, Wei-Hwa and me drove to Penang for a short weekend getaway (24 May until 26 May). Yes, the petrol price hike up right after. Luckily we went on the right time. *wink*wink* We met up with Akira a.k.a Wah Si Sheng, the Food God who brought us to SoooOOOoo many places in Penang for local delicacies. Thank you...


Cut short my long grandmother story, he brought us to Ghee Hiang (in Macalister Road) for SHOPPING! No... Ghee Hiang is not the latest shopping complex in Penang, nor a boutique.

Ghee Hiang is Penang's oldest Teelseed Oil and Biscuit Manufacturer in Penang. It has 150 years of history!!! Wooooww... I have been to Penang thrice but NEVER went to Ghee Hiang before. *Paiseh*

Some random collectables by the owner, I think. Erm, what tulips got to do with teelseed oil and biscuit? LOL... One thing you MUST buy if you come to Penang is Tambun Biscuit aka Tau Sar Pneah aka Dragon Ball biscuit (It shapes like dragon balls. Eh, wait a minute... Dragon's Ball so small only ar?? Lol...). Tambun Biscuit is a MUST HAVE in your shopping list!

Me with the long-lost brothers. Hahaha, they DO look alike...

Ghee Hiang even appeared in "Ho Chak!" TV show!

Ain't the baby cute... :)

The Mercedes has already 150 years old! Wahlauyeh... it still moves! Nah, kidding... Ghee Hiang indeed has the history of 150 years!!!

Yay, I found my twin sister!!!

Who's cuter??? ;)

Notice that Ghee Hiang's Tambun biscuit is larger compared to the normal Tambun biscuit ones. Maybe Ghee Hiang's Tambun biscuit are also known as Dinosaur Ball? Hikhikhik... :D



I just bought a bottle of Ghee Hiang famous teelseed oil (aka sesame seed oil, for my mum) and a small box of Tambun biscuit. Hehehehe... You must be thinking, "Huh? Bought 1 box of biscuit only nia? Cakap tadi famous punya kedai... Apalah~". Hahaha... Ghee Hiang's product are quite expensive, and that's why we are heading over to Sheng Hiang (another Tambun Biscuit manufacturer, at Kimberly Street) for my extra dose of Tambun biscuits!!!

Nope, I didn't take pictures there.

Yes, I bought alot. ;)

10 *twinkles*:

Dragon said...

u know what? i never go to ghee hiang before although im in penang all the while!!! hahaha!!!

i bought the biscuit from another shop. ghee hiang is famous but other shop biscuits are nicer!

Beverly's Secret said...

Your twin sister?
Doesn't look like!
You are prettier!!!

Tim-Kimokeo Voon said...

GHEE HIANG? apa itu..wad biscuits are they? nice ka? mind to post some for us in east malaysia ahhaha!
since u buy so many ler hahah!

Akira 思胜 said...

Haha, that shop is kind nice, but I prefer Sheng Hiang, got different flavours to choose with...

Long-lost brothers? Kinda cute...

Mei-Wah said...

dear dragon: hahaha... same as me also, although Seremban Siew Pau is so famous in Seremban, but i rarely buy it... hehehe...

dear bev: awww... you are so sweet! make me blush...

dear t-mo-t: tambun biscuit is famous in Penang. you can't miss it if you go to Penang someday! :) it's round in shape and filled with green bean. it's yummy! i finished all the stock already... hehehe... no pictures. sorry~ (T____T) next time alright?

dear akira: yalor, i prefer sheng hiang too! it's cheaper and more variety to choose from.

Unknown said...

mmmm...Ghee Hiang and Sheng Hiang both taste same for me. In money wise, of course we will choose Sheng Hiang. But for me, Tambun Phiah is always delicious when it is fresh, i mean just out from oven. All brand will taste no good when it kept for more than 2 days. I already ordered 2 box from Peter Pan when he get back here. Hehe...like pizza delivery.

Tau Sar Phneah said...

hola kate, hulala...free advert for tau sar phneah aka tambun phneah...lolz...tq tq...^^

tsp is my no.1 fav snack le..hehe..malangnya now..haih..

personally my fav is not with ghee hiang..(maybe they produce in mass, the taste and texture)..still prefer those handmade where the quality is still there..but no doubt their sesame oil is no.1..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Thank you for your introduction, that i know more abt Penang...

GeOk kEE好きな♡ うち said...

last time when i went penang, i only passed by ghee hiang, no chance to walk in to share what u hv experienced that time...haha

p/s: Ya meh? so paiseh la~ Im not cute lah~

Keith said...

Your pictures are adorable, and are you sure Mercedes is that old? Wow! Thank you for a delightful blog post.

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs