Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Petrol Nightmare!!!

Better get going to fill up your tanks, everyone! From this midnight (12:00 am, 5 June 2008) onwards, petrol prices will increase 40%. :x YES... YOU GOT ME RIGHT! FORTY PERCENT INCREASE!!! Not a single penny less. :( Below are the excerpt from The Star paper:

KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi on Wednesday announced price hikes for petrol, diesel and electricity.

He said the new price for petrol is RM2.70 a litre, effective midnight tonight. The price goes up by 78sen from the current RM1.92, a hike of 40%.

Abdullah also announced that the price of diesel would be increased by RM1 from RM1.58 to RM2.58.

He also said that Tenaga Nasional Bhd would be raising electricity rates by 18% for homes and 26% for business users.

The announcements are part of the new fuel subsidy plan.

Abdullah also announced a RM625 annual cash rebate per vehicle, for owners of private vehicles with engine capacities of up to 2,000cc, as well as pickup trucks and jeeps with engine capacities of up to 2,500cc.

Owners of private motorcycles with engine capacities of up to 250cc will receive RM150.

Payment will be made via Money Order upon renewal of road tax, from July 1.

For owners of private vehicles with engine capacities exceeding 2000cc, road tax will be reduced by RM200.

Owners of private motorcycles with engine capacities above 250 cc will get RM50 reduction in road tax.



When I saw this article in The Star's webpage, I am thankful that I drove to Penang for my short holiday, BEFORE the price hicks up. Phew... :x Many of us, Malaysians were utterly miserable and gloomy when the Prime Minister announced this at 17:00, Malaysia Time.

Petrol price hikes up equivalent food and drinks price hikes up too. By the time, a bowl of your favorite noodle wouldn't cost RM2.50 anymore! Or your Iced Coffee at your local coffee shop won't be priced at RM1.50. :o

Click on the above picture to enter Prime Minister's official website.

The great PM announced that there will be annual cash rebate (sound more like credit cards cash rebate wtf) of RM625 per vehicle for "golongan berpendapatan rendah and sederhana". Translation: Annual cash rebate will be given to those who's income falls on low/medium range.

What am I waiting for??? I rushed to Petronas petrol station opposite my housing area, right after I ends my work at 6:00 pm. Bear in mind that PM announced to public at 5:00 pm. I reach Petronas at 6:30 pm, and it has already FULL HOUSE! :p

Beautiful sky... La la la... Long queue? Bother lah...

10 minutes later, and I'm still stucked on the same spot.

12 petrol pumps, ALL fully occupied.

I fill up my car's tank at this Petronas outlet most of the time, and I'm confident to say that THIS IS BUSIEST moment for Petronas workers! Usually there will be only 3-4 cars being filled up. But for this particular day, FUIYOR~~~ :D

Queue queue queue... Patience patience patience...
Tuhan menguji kesabaran daku...

All the way from the pumps to the entrance...

Darn it! I pumped full tank last Sunday and I just used up 1 LEVEL... It's still 85% full anyway. Aiyah, don't give it a damn, I will pump till it "pukes" petrol wtf. Hahaha... What kind of language is that?
Wait wait wait...
Mei-Wah, remember to breath!

La la la... I'm in front of you guys! Hehehe... :p

Oklar, I admit it... I took this opportunity to take photos of this significant history with my lousy camera phone, while others are scolding and cursing the government's decision.

In the end, I managed to pump RM13.50 (that's it?) worth of petrol. And the tank was too full till it pukes out the extras. Hahaha... :D





Ya Allah, petrol price increased. What's next???

15 *twinkles*:

iamlz said...

Eh..hahah so cute! Thank you in many languages!!

Electricity's next!! Electricity increase in July.. *sad*

Kikey Loo said...

u only used 1 level nia, for me i won't go to join the long line, so sien to wait... :)

Barbie said...

Same here :( The gasoline price just unceasingly SOARS UP!!!! :( I have to pay 5,500 Riel in my currency, and it is $1.45 USD! and It keeps rising dramatically :( OH MY!

Anonymous said...

siao liao.................. long queue....... so i din wait for sure....


i rather go makan first..... hahaha..

now i wonder we still can enjoy the food........ everything will naik naik naik naik...... siao....

Akira 思胜 said...

Haha, I just go and pump the petrol! But sadly to say that, we cant use credit card and need to use cash only...

Why the government suddenly increase the petrol price? This will bring a heavy burden to all the citizens!!!

@shLey said...

Yeah lor, i juz pump petrol too.. waited for nearly one hr lar!!!
Urgh.. but at least my car nearly empty when i go pump lar... so expensive!!

Tau Sar Phneah said...

big headlines for msia..every single blog i went..blog about the same topic..

i guess the gov..really gave the citizens a "big" surprise..

Geralvin said...

1 level also need to pump? I guess u queuing up also has used up quarter or 1 level rite?

JeromeFo 令狐冲 said...

Aiks.
Why they increase la?
Waste my money only when i come -_-

Beverly's Secret said...

Sigh...
Everything is increasing except the salary...

Damn...

But petrol in US is even HIGHER..

Damn...

p/s: Kekeke~~ Curry Fish Head...YUM~~

Jenfon said...

Hi.. I just spent 15 minutes to pump in petrol at S'ban there. Long queue after me..

GeOk kEE好きな♡ うち said...

I spent half and hour for waiting and luckly i use credit card coz it was faster rather to q again at pay counter. I pumped up to RM99.01, hohoho.....

p/s: Hey, of course go Chilis!!! Make it as ur choice!!!!kakaka

ƒörèvër HL said...

haha....so many cars at petrol station lol....same thing happened here...traffic jam....so damn shit...wakakaka...

Dragon said...

oh my my, u queue up for such a long time just pump RM13.50?? ai meh?? wasting time and petrol also la during the queue. i have a bit less from half tank i also never go and queue! sigh.....

Unknown said...

WTF, it's so unlucky when the announcement made that i was at Penang island. You know penang island la, all the petrol station is located near to each other and the roads are smaller compare to here...whenever i see traffic jam ahead I am sure that there is a petrol station. Damn Gov, they should give sometimes before the announcement. At least 2 days lo.

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs